Information for Clients
“For I was hungry, and you gave me food.” — Matthew 25:35
We serve as a drive-through distribution in the parking lot at the corner of Barcelona and Old Pecos Trail.
Distribution Day: Tuesday
Summer hours (May 1–October 31) open 10:30 a.m. to noon
Winter hours (November 1–April 30) open noon to 1:30 p.m.
We distribute food on a first-come, first-served basis. We ask clients to follow the directions of the traffic managers, to wear face masks, and to stay in the car for the entire visit. Clients arriving early park along Barcelona facing Old Pecos Trail, and we ask that they not block driveway entrances or exits.
How do I get food?
Volunteer traffic managers at the Barcelona Road entrance to the parking lot direct you to one of two traffic lanes that lead to registration and then the distribution tables.
- The first time you come to the pantry you need to present a government-issued photo ID to a registration volunteer who will complete a form with your name, address, household members, and demographic information. You then receive a blue or green card to place on the dashboard when you come the next time.
- When you return for a second visit with a blue or green card on your dashboard, the registration volunteer locates you in the pantry database and gives you a white express card.
- If you are an existing client with a white express card, the registration volunteer records your name and database ID and you go directly to the express line.
- When you arrive in front of the distribution table, please remain in your car while volunteers place the food in the back of your vehicle.
- After the food is loaded, follow the signs to exit onto Old Pecos Trail.
- Please do not bring a carload of people
- If the back of your car is locked or difficult to open, please open it before you arrive at the distribution table.
- If you do not have room in the back of your car, a volunteer will direct you to a parking place along Old Pecos Trail and will bring the food on a cart for you to put in your vehicle.
Can I get food for friends or family?
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. To see the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement, click here.
Are there other places in Santa Fe County where I can get food?
The Food Depot has other distributions both and outside Santa Fe County. For information about these distributions, go to https://www.thefooddepot.org/get-help/.